Young Family Virtual First Friday Dinner and Service
August 7, 2020, 5:45 pm
Add to iCalAdd to Google Calendar
It won’t surprise you that this First Friday will be a little different than the First Friday Family Service and Dinners we’ve had in the past.
Sign up for Dinner
Some things remain the same:
- Max Handelman and Rabbi Donni Aaron will lead your family in a beautiful musical service that gets your family in the perfect mood for Shabbat.
- You don’t have to cook!
- There will be plenty of teens to hang out with your family.
- The first time you join us for First Friday, dinner is on us.
- Dinner will be Teriyaki chicken breast or tofu (for adults), Chicken tenders with dip (for kids), Roasted red potatoes, Green beans, Dessert, and of course challah, juice, and Shabbat Candles
Some things are different:
- You’ll pick up your meal from Anshe Emet on Thursday August 6 between 4-7pm. Sign up for your best time on the registration form below.
- Your meal will come with some fun surprises, as well as challah, juice and candles.
- Everyone gets a buddy. You’ll get contact info for your buddy family a few days after you register. There will be suggestions on how to connect with and share Shabbat with your buddy family in the bag with our meal, and sent out by email.
- The service will be virtual, on Zoom, at 5:45 on Friday August 7. We’ll sing, dance, share a story and engage deeply with the community. Don’t plan on sitting and watching – this will be your chance to jam with joy! Even if you decide not to get dinner, you can join us for the service here.
- There is not a separate service for older kids. If your older kids come to the service, we promise they’ll have a fabulous time too.
You’ll notice on the registration form that there is a member and a non-member price. If you have been considering joining the Anshe Emet Community, or you are a member but you haven’t renewed yet, now is your opportunity. The Young Family Membership (for families with children 5 and under, who have never been Anshe Emet members before) is a voluntary dues membership, welcoming families for $360 or more, as your heart determines. The Young Family Membership is renewable if you joined with a Young Family Membership last year. And of course, if you join or renew now, you can select the member price for dinner!
We can’t wait to celebrate Shabbat with you and the Anshe Emet Young Family community!
Sign up for Dinner
Learn more about the Young Family Membership here, or contact Amy Karp email@example.com or Maxine Handelman firstname.lastname@example.org