Grant/Loan Assistance Application
Certain resources are available at Anshe Emet Synagogue that may be used for grants to congregants in financial need. In addition, to assist congregants who have been adversely affected by the current economic situation, the Malkin Assistance Fund has been designated for use for grants and/or loans, as applicable, to provide funds for emergent needs.
- Applicants must be members of Anshe Emet Synagogue.
- Applicants must demonstrate financial need.
- In addition to grants and/or loans, applicants will be provided with direction to any resources available through the City of Chicago, the Jewish Federation or other applicable agencies or programs.
- Grants may be made in any amount up to $1,500.
- Loans may be made in any amount not to exceed $2,000.
- Loans must be repaid within two years from the date the funds are transferred to the applicant. However, to the extent the applicant desires to modify the original repayment schedule and can demonstrate financial need for such modification, every effort will be made for an accommodation, and a new repayment schedule will be provided.
- All information received from an applicant will be handled with strict confidentiality. An application for a grant or loan does not guarantee that money will be granted or loaned.
- When a grant or loan is approved, generally, Anshe Emet will issue a check directly to the applicant’s creditor.
- For additional information, please contact the Coordinator, Assistance Programs at [email protected]/773-868-5133